On 1st May 2017 the Queensland Government announced a licensing scheme for labour hire operators on 1 May 2017.
- Bill to be introduced in Queensland Parliament in May and expected to take effect next year
- Labour hire companies will be required to:
- Have a licence to operate as a labour hire company;
- Report regularly on operations;
- Pass a fit and proper person test to obtain a licence;
- Comply with strict workplace laws – e.g. workers’ compensation, superannuation (current conditions);
- Pay a license fee; and
- Divulge the number of employees engaged and the number engaged through work visa arrangements
foundU will continue to monitor the progression of this legislation and will ensure the foundU Platform allows you to comply with any new reporting requirements.